Armstrongs Corporate Video transcript:
Welcome to Armstrongs Group, a premier supplier of aggregates, concrete and cut stone. We are an experienced, family-run business based in the North West of England.
With quarries across the region producing raw materials of exceptional quality, Armstrongs products are suitable for a wide variety of different applications. Whether yours is a large contract right through to small, one-off project, we can help every step of the way.
Over the years, we have built up a very strong customer base and we work hard to fulfil every order on time and within budget. Armstrongs’ policy is to place every client at the core at everything we do. Right across the UK, projects are being completed using Armstrongs’ quality products.
Armstrongs currently operates 5 quarries across Cumbria, Lancashire and Greater Manchester. We coordinate the production and distribution of materials from our base in Bolton.
- Montcliffe Quarry – covering 64 acres near the town of Horwich, this large-scale quarry has been in continuous use for over 100 years.
- Pilkington Quarry 1 & 2 – this 53-acre site is comprised of two quarries. Pilkington 1 is exhausted and currently used for the disposal and storage of materials. Pilkington 2 is unmined but contains highly durable gritstone.
- Brinscall – located near the town of Chorley in Lancashire, this quarry produces desirable and attractive sandstone. This material can be used for building and is currently being used in the ongoing renovation work on the Sagrada Familia Cathedral in Barcelona.
- Waddington Fell – this site covers 66 acres near Clitheroe and the Ribble Valley. Waddington Fell quarry produces a wide range of sandstones and aggregate materials as well as fantastic cut products.
- Shap – this 53-acre quarry is located near the Cumbrian village of Shap. Operational since 1950, this site is the home of Shap Pink granite; a sought-after building stone with a beautiful, decorative finish.
Collectively, our quarries move well over 1 million tonnes of material each year.
With such enormous quantities of material to process, Armstrongs maintain a considerable fleet of vehicles and machinery. Constant investment has seen us build a growing fleet of first-class commercial equipment and transports.
Our fleet of wagons consists entirely of Scania vehicles; a quality brand with whom we’ve built a mutually-beneficial relationship. Investment in purchasing and maintaining our vehicles allows us to keep standards high across our logistical networks.
Here at Armstrongs, we believe that physically owning our fleet proves our long-term commitment to each client, investor and local authority. By striving to provide the best service possible, we’ve built an association between our name, professionalism and reliability.
We also care deeply about the appearance of our vehicles, keeping each one clean and in optimum condition.
- AGGREGATES – each aggregate product comes directly from one of our quarries. Suitable for a wide range of applications, our aggregate materials share one thing in common: their superb quality. Our quality aggregates can be used for:
- Sand for mortar, render and concrete
- Flagstones and gravel
- Pathways and drives
- Pipe bedding
- Sub-base and drainage materials
- Shoreline and riverside defences
- Load-bearing applications including rail
- CONCRETE – Armstrongs acquired the concrete company Amix in 2015. We can supply concrete of all standard industry grades in the correct form and precisely where it is needed. Our comprehensive concrete services include mixing, delivery and barrowing.
- CUT STONE – our cut stone products include fireplaces, precision-made bricks and engraved pieces. With a wide range of bespoke options available, Armstrongs is the premier choice for cut stone in the North West.
Our professional manner and high standard of service has seen Armstrongs win many contracts with high-profile companies and businesses including Balfour Beatty and Bethell Construction.
We have wide-ranging experience from work on a large scale right through to minor projects. This flexible approach allows us to provide our customers with service at the superb level they’ve come to expect from us.
We recognise our responsibility to the communities in which we operate. That’s why we take an active stance, providing education in safety for primary school pupils and hands-on geology experience to university students. Armstrongs also participate in community projects across the region, helping to promote positive changes in local social, economic and educational conditions.
Each Armstrongs operation is constantly evaluated for its environmental effects. This helps us to always undertake the proper preparations and reduce the risk of any negative impacts. Through investment in training and best practices, we strive to perform our role in a responsible manner.
Health & Safety
Armstrongs Group places enormous importance on the safety of its staff and operations. We maintain an exemplary safety record and each employee receives full health and safety orientation to keep our standards high.
We are also introducing vehicle monitoring across our fleet, helping us examine driving styles and provide training wherever safety precautions could be improved.
It is this commitment to constant improvement and investment in equipment that sets the Armstrongs Group apart within the UK’s aggregate industry.
Quality of Service
From our quarries to our fleet and customer support, Armstrongs prides itself on the high quality of its service. We place each customer first and we have the equipment and know-how to accomplish each job successfully.
Trust the Armstrongs Group to deliver quality materials for your building project.