Armstrongs and The Environment
This week we are talking about Quarrying and the environment. Armstrong Group are committed to providing a quality service in a manner that ensures a safe and healthy workplace for our employees. We aim to minimise our potential impact on the environment. We operate in compliance with all relevant environmental legislation and we will strive to use pollution prevention and environmental best practices in all we do.
In this respect we will make every effort to:
- Safeguard and enhance natural habitats and species and preserve the nature and character of the local area.
- Support environmental initiatives that improve health and well being.
- Encourage the reduced consumption of natural resources and energy.
- Operate a purchasing policy that avoids the use of environmentally damaging products.
- Comply with environmental legislation and ensure that our contractors do likewise.
- Commit appropriate levels of staff and financial resources to deliver the aims of our environmental policy.
- Integrate the consideration of environmental concerns and impacts into all of our decision making and activities.
- Promote environmental awareness among our employees and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Train and educate our employees about environmental issues that may affect their work.
- Reduce waste through re-use and recycling. By purchasing recycled, recyclable or re-furbished products and materials where these alternatives are available, economical and suitable.
- Promote efficient use of materials and resources throughout our facility including water, electricity, raw materials and other resources, particularly those that are non-renewable.
- Avoid unnecessary use of hazardous materials and products, seek substitutions when feasible, and take all reasonable steps to protect human health and the environment when such materials must be used, stored and disposed of.
- Where required by legislation or where significant health, safety or environmental hazards exist, develop and maintain appropriate emergency and spill response programmes.
- Communicate our environmental commitment to clients, customers and the public and encourage them to support it.
- Strive to continually improve our environmental performance and minimise the social impact and damage of activities by periodically reviewing our environmental policy in light of our current and planned future activities.
For more information on our work to sustain the environment, as well as our corporate responsibilities, click here.
You can contact us directly here or call us on 01204 668021 for any more information or enquiries.